Address: 1201 S. Riverside Drive
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Over a century ago, around 1884, wealthy sportsmen whose leisure time was spent hunting, fishing, and cruising on luxurious yachts, decided to form a yacht club. In New Smyrna Beach they found an ideal location for cruising and holding regattas. The great industrialists and Europeans with titles traveled and sailed for weeks just to spend their leisure time in this wonderful cruising area.
In 1928 plans for Smyrna Yacht Club. Thirty-Six families were charter members and a wealthy investor, Russ J. Christy, became the first Commodore, serving in that capacity for 6 years.